Friday, May 18, 2007

May 18: Rangers: 2 Hits, 2968 Career Hits

By Robert H. Kelly

WE ARE BACK ON TRACK!!!

I have spend some time after Friday night's game to catch up all my previous posts. Now I will hopefully be on track and keep the posts up to date.

So, with that out of the way, on with the post!!!

I was at the game tonight to watch the Houston Astros play the Texas Rangers in the first game of the Lone Star Series.

Craig Biggio went two for four with one run in the Astros 7-4 loss to the Rangers. He raised his career total to 2968.

Biggio continued to lead off the Astros batting order.

1st inning: Flies Out

1. Ball
2. He flies out to left fielder Nelson Cruz

3rd inning: Flies Out
1. Ball
2. Called Strike
3. Ball
4. He flies out to left fielder Nelson Cruz

6th inning: HIT
1. Ball
2. Swinging strike
3. He singles on a line drive to center fielder Kenny Lofton

8th inning: HIT
1. He doubles on a fly ball to center fielder Kenny Lofton.

NOTE: Biggio's double in the eighth inning was the thirteenth of the season.

Biggio is now at 2968 career hits.

In addition, he was named the Gatorade Player of the Game.

Biggio's current stats are as follows:
38 games
158 at bats
24 runs
38 hits
13 doubles
3 triples
3 home runs
15 RBIs
66 total bases
10 walks
33 strike outs
2 stolen bases
.288 on base percentage
.418 slugging percentage
.241 batting average

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOO! Man, sorry to hear about the pneumonia, glad to see you're better! Awesome job of updating every single game!

Glad to see Biggio finally get back on the stick, 3 game dry spell was painful to watch. However losing to the Rangers is even harder to watch, hopefully they can pull it together for the rest of the weekend and take the series, WITH the help of Biggio going 4-* =)

thanks again for coming back! I've watched Craig Biggio his entire career and I don't think many can argue his love of the game is unsurpassed this day in age...

keep up the good work fellas!

TexSport Publications said...

jonathan: Thanks for reading. I too, have watched his career. In fact, many years ago, when I had a sports collectible business, I often could be seen getting autographs after each home game at the Astrodome.

I have, in my possession a Craig Biggio autographed ball from the first night he played at the Dome.

He signed it after the game after coming out of the Dome.

It is one of my favorite autographed balls.

I was at the game last night, and it was painful. However, Biggio getting two hits made up for it.